La Cruz Area Rug
This hand-woven rug features the Andean cross motif and other textures that represent the desert highlands in Northwestern Argentina where the rug was woven.
This rug was woven on a traditional loom that is based on the wingspan of the artisan. in order to to create a larger rug, two separate woven segments are meticulously stitched together, creating a subtle seam in the middle of the rug. This, and other minor asymmetries, discolorations, and beauty marks are part of what make this artisanal piece so unique, and in our eyes, so perfect.
- Colors: Faded peach with orange, purple, black, and white textures
- Dimensions: 6.50ft x 4.25ft
- Hand-spun and artisanally dyed yarn
- Material: 100 % Lambswool
- Made in Paraje Sausalito - Jujuy, Argentina
- One of a kind